Follow-up Testing and Procedures
However, it’s important to get the follow-up tests and/or treatment that your health care provider recommends if you have an abnormal test result. Feasible next actions and remedies are placed in this area to assist you find out more and talk to your medical provider.
It absolutely was reassuring to understand from my medical practitioner that a lot of unusual cell that is cervical could be eliminated, before they result health conditions.
Based upon your test result, next steps can include:
- Pap testSome women may prefer to get back for the next Pap test.
- HPV testAn HPV test may be suggested.
- Estrogen creamIf you have ASC-US as they are near or past menopause, your medical provider may recommend estrogen cream. In the event that cellular modifications are brought on by low hormones amounts, applying estrogen cream is going to make them disappear completely.
- ColposcopyYour medical care provider will test thoroughly your cervix employing a colposcope and execute a biopsy.
- A speculum to gently open the vagina and see the cervix during a colposcopy your doctor inserts. Diluted white vinegar is placed on the cervix, causing irregular areas to show white. The doctor then puts a musical instrument known as a colposcope near the vagina. It’s a magnifying lens and permits your medical professional to look closely at your cervix.
- A colposcopy often features a biopsy. A biopsy is done so the cells or tissues could be examined under a microscope for indications of illness. Along with getting rid of a test for further assessment, some forms of biopsies can be utilized as treatment, to eliminate unusual cervical muscle or lesions. Continue reading Take into account that nearly all women with unusual cervical testing test outcomes don’t have cancer